Monday 5 September 2016

Filming Tips :

Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend? I love this great week of my birthday which is full of activities.  I am glad to tell you that I share thesame day with some great men like Shola Mike Agboola and Kunle Adepoju, check them out, they are wonderful people. Today is not my birthday, it's on power night's day, so please don't let me start receiving birthday calls and messages from today but you can send me chickens. Drama ministers power night is coming up this Friday at Jogor center ibadan, oyo state nigeria. If you are outside the country you Can watch it online through Paul-Esupofo Oriade.

The video clip below is just a short clip I asked one of my people to put together. Inside that clip you can see that the last one was different because I showed you the raw version likewise the treated one. Today,  I will like to share the importance of color grading which I will love to dwell on for a while. I was introduced to color grading basics some years back when Soji Ogunnaike was treating kunle Afolayan's film titled figurine. Then I saw this my boss using a software called color to painting the picture to interpret the story in a beautiful way. I saw how he enhanced the smoke coming out of the cigarette and creating mask to relight the set. I was impressed and I opened up my mind to grab more.

Color grading is now popular in Nigeria music videos and movies. Lots of editors are now colorists even some who do not know what it means though there are great people with great brains in nigeria film industry. Despite our limitations with electricity and evil politicians we are still trying. I saw a show reel of a Nigerian animator and I was impressed, if such a guy had been in a better situation than the one we are since independence he would have become a great name in the media world. I respect Nigerians, we can endure lots of things. Economy is in recession officially and our leaders salaries are not affected at all, rather, banks and insurance companies slashed workers salary, minimum wage is 18,000 naira and a bag of rice is around the same price but instead of this wicked leaders to stop borrowing money to pay their own salaries and wicked allowances they keep inflicting more pain on our economy. Sorry I got carried away by my feelings as a patriot. I know millions of Nigerians are also feeling thesame but not knowing what to do, action group of Nigeria and other activists are also silent, I just don't understand what's going on.

Color grading is good, if done by a professional who knows his tools. However, there are lots of errors being done in the name of colour grading. I will teach it in my own little way, I will try to explain how you can do it even if you are not using my type of software which is davinci resolve. Fire dancer will be brought to an end tomorrow, so it's really going to be long. After which it will go to the person who will turn it to a novel though the guy will be given more details than what you have read.

Feel free to share, if you have missed any of my past post please visit Christian film institute page and like our page or visit xtianmovie.blogspot.com

Till next week Monday when I will be coming your way again, keep your God-given dreams alive and remain blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment