Monday 15 June 2015

Filming Tips

Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend? I was so surprised by what happened at the just concluded nollywood week film festival in France,  where Tunde Kelani ' s movie titled "Dazzling Mirage" emerged as the best movie and was awarded viewers choice award.

Why was I surprised? Well, Dazzling Mirage is a fantastic film which truly deserve international awards but looking at great movies that compete with it, you will assume that dazzling mirage chances are somehow slim. Movies were submitted from all over Africa, movies like " Love or something like that,  October 1, Dry and lots more. All these movies are fantastic but what might have touched the audience was the Dazzling Mirage story line.

I was with Tunde Kelani some days ago and he told me that the message his movie conveys is very important to him. The other movies screened at the event were also great story wise and there is something I know about all of them, they are all technically great. They used great cameras and they were all professionally directed, but the theme I mean there should be an anchor upon where your story treads.

If you receive an inspiration to write a story, take your time and study hard on the subject you are trying to compose. It is very necessary to step up our games at this time, movies are not really selling as such, some people don't want to watch our movies because of the strength of our stories and technicalities. I got to a Pastor to pitch for a project and told him some great people I have worked with, I was surprised when the pastor told me he does not watch their film because it is technically poor compare to secular, then I tried to convince the pastor that the ministry and Christian Film Production in general has greatly improved. This is to also stress the point that there is need for us to up our game technically and production wise. I talked about raising production designers but till now I don't think I have seen or heard of anyone yet and this is an aspect of production that will make our job to stand out. If you are an artist or artistically gifted as a child of God, you can develop yourself, get online and study how to do this, when we embrace this, it will transform our industry for good.

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to ask your questions and share. If you want your movie to be reviewed in our new program coming on TV and Web which will lead to free adverts for your film, you can inbox me. Remember, it is going to be constructive criticism to make us better and excerpts of the movie will be shown to wet viewers appetite. Some movies are available for the movie review program, and our brethren in other continents can also participate.

Brethren please pray along with us as we take up the conclusion of our movie titled " Prime Suspect". Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment