Monday 31 October 2016

Filming Tips :

Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend? I had a good time in the church yesterday as we celebrated the birthday of a very good friend of mine in Atlanta Georgia, Pastor Kunle Aroniyo of CAC Power House.

I boarded a flight from Washington DC to Atlanta this Saturday, and I was greatly surprised when I saw a young lady of about 34 years. She is beautiful in her own way, maybe an African or black American I coundn't tell, many on the flight noticed her selfie addiction. I am not sure whether there can be anyone who is much more addicted than this lady, when it was time for light off, she put on the light on top of her own seat when her flash couldn't suffice. We were on the flight for about one and a half hours and she didn’t rest. As soon as we alighted, she continued, through to the domestic baggage claim spot, if you know that airport you will understand that distance, then I started thinking that this must be Afishe i.e. bewitched. Because she was not changing her dress or makeup and she kept doing it till a car came to pick her up.

I am not against selfie because research conducted in a university in United States shows that it helps self esteem of those who have low self esteem, then I concluded that the lady must be suffering from serious low self esteem, I hope I didn't offend anyone but too much of anything is not good. Enjoy your selfie, I know some very good friends of mine that love it, but just don't let it be too much, just my opinion.

About two weeks ago I broke down to a little extend how codec works, and the power of compression. During the research on that topic I got to know many things as well and that's one of the benefits of teaching. I have known about camera science for a while now but not fully and even till now, I do not have all the knowledge on camera science but those who have been following this post more than two years know what they have learnt from it though we are all growing, only the proud will get stuck.

Ben Ope Johnson just concluded his film training, I am sure the students must have learnt a lot. I know there are people who would have loved to be there but because of the pride in their heart, they would have decided not to go, but some are expecting those who had attended to come and tell them what they have learnt. This is quite funny.

May God help us.

After camera codec, the next one is editing codec. I will advice that whatever codec  you shot with, should be the same codec you edit with. If you don't understand what I am saying then see my first two post in this October.

However, if you shoot on raw mode, you may not be able to edit it in that mode. Adobe premiere pro latest version can edit raw, all you have to do is to edit it in proxies mode though you need more understanding of file management in premiere pro. If you are using davinci resolve then you can edit raw footages even if it is 8k. All you have to do is to do your project settings correctly. Optimize all your raw files, do your editing, balance your audio, do your graphics and colour grade it in Raw format for maximum flexibility.  Then go to the menu to delete the optimized files, check your export settings very well, chose your delivery codec and you are done. By next week I will talk more about delivery codec and editing codec. I promised to explain how I do my own color balancing. I used to use color in final cut pro 7 studio, that was what I used for Alfa Sule video titled Pride 2, I used Avid Media Composer for Sunset At Midday a mount zion ' s movie and I used DaVinci resolve for Time Bomb a Beatrice Funke Ogunmola movie. The point I am trying to make is that you can use any software to do colour balance so long as it has levels or curve with scope and a good monitor you are good to go. Colour balancing is to ensure that the Red, Green and Blue channel are level where necessary. If you shoot a vegetable garden, you should know that the green channel must be higher than the rest, if you then forced the green channel to be at thesame level with the rest then you have destroyed the picture.

We continue from here next week Monday. I will stop the post as soon as I get my websites ready, there, I will load all I have been posting for years .

Thanks for your time.

Feel free to share. If you have missed any of my past post please visit Christian film institute page and like our page or visit xtianmovie.blogspot.com

Till next week Monday when I will be coming your way again, keep your God-given dreams alive and remain blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment