Sunday 31 May 2015

February Post of Trainings

Christian Film Production Tips:
Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend? My weekend was great, and I want to believe that you are all doing great in the Lord. I will like to talk about light a little, after which I will dive into what God impressed upon my heart.
I mentioned some light accessories last week which can be used on set to paint nice scenes. Assuming you have a situation where a very dark person and a very light complexioned person are on set, what will you do? I asked my trainer this question long ago, when I was being taught how to use my light meter and he said.
You should light the light complexioned person first and let the light favour that person, then take check on your meter and write it down. Then light the dark fellow as well and take his own record as well. After this, you then use that measurement to locate the equilibrium point, then light according to that measurement. With that, the lighter person will not be overblown and darker one will not be too dark on your set. I have had that scenario, when I was to light Ayobami Olakunleand a young friend of mine on a movie I directed, and I was able to get nice pictures.
I will continue on the issue of lighting next week. Someone asked me to start talking about blockings and camera, I am not on that topic yet, I think we should be looking at march for that. But there is something I have been thinking about which I will like to share with you.
I was trying to join some group of animation Artist in US online, they rejected me. The next question in your mind is why; good. They said my country is one of those who don't buy software but pirate them. They accused me for being one of them. Now tell me, what do you think about this?
BCC plugin will cost 1,995 dollars, Redgiant plugin will cost 2,500 dollars, sapphire plugin will cost about 2,800 dollars, Autodesk Maya, mudbox and soft image will be around 10,000 dollars, cinema 4d is 3,000 dollars, Adobe product can be subscribed for at 50 dollars per month, I have not mention Nuke, and the rest of them which I use on daily bases. Please calculate these prices, now tell me, if I purchase all these, how much will I or any editor now charge you for animation work or editing?
This is the reason why Nigerian editors are the cheapest on earth in my opinion. I paid and I am still paying for some of my own software legally but not all. Your holy project was edited with a pirated software. We shall continue next week.
Feel free to share, and please like our page Christian Film Institute, till next week monday when I shall come your way again, remain blessed and keep your God-given dreams alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment